24.3.10

Ipoh images

i had a good trip in ipoh.
ipoh is a small state in malaysia and my father's hometown.
i used to visit my grandmother when i was little. now the house that she used to live in seemed small.
what never changes is the food. you can never go wrong with food in ipoh.
although the dishes are what you'd find here, they just make it so much better. comfort food for the soul, that's how my husband put it.
if you ever drop by ipoh, be sure to have the white coffee, white noodles, groundnuts and the fattest beansprouts ever.

hope you're having a good week.


4 comments:

  1. oh I love these!
    you have such a sense of perspective in your photos. The building and street shots are gorgeous.
    And the food: yummy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful photos, they give off a feeling of warmth and family. I am glad you had a lovely trip. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore the congregation of steamer baskets. What’s white coffee made of? I’m intrigued...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all for visiting and I'm glad you liked my pictures! Hi Jenious, white coffee is a term they coined for coffee+condensed milk. Here's more information about ipoh coffee http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ipoh_white_coffee

    ReplyDelete